Vegetarian Taco Ring Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMoren #CollectiveBias
I am always looking for ways I can simplify my life. From "spring cleaning" every couple months to "fasting" from something I can live without. I love challenging myself in that way and feel like it benefits me more than I can see. In a way, it's similar to Lent - when many Christians devote forty days to fasting and penitence before Easter - but probably on a much smaller scale. So I thought, why not share some of those things I do to "cleanse" my life as well as a recipe to match?
First off, this recipe is so easy and delicious, there's really no way to mess it up! Thanks to LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo which I picked up at Walmart in the Hispanic aisle, it's got a kick using high quality ingredients that are perfect for bringing your family and friends together during this lent season. I wanted to keep the theme of "fasting" and make this recipe meat-free. However, with the amazing taste of LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo and all of those fresh veggies, you won't even miss that meat!
So, check out the recipe as well as five things you can fast from, below...
LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Orange Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Onion
3/4 head of Cauliflower
Salt & Pepper
1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese (optional)
First, chop up your head of cauliflower and 1/2 an onion finely (I used a food processor), then dice your peppers and cilantro. Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan then add your chopped cauliflower, onion, taco seasoning, and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients together and sauté until soft and well blended. Next, add the peppers and cilantro, and sauté until veggies are soft.
On a round cooking plate or on a cookie sheet, spread out your crescent rolls. Top the wide end of the roll with 2 tbsp of the veggie mix, then add 1 tsp - 1 tbsp of the LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (the amount depends on how much spice you want to add). If you are adding the cheese, be sure to sprinkle it on at this point. Fold the ends of the crescent roll over the veggie mix so it forms a small pocket. Cook at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are cooked through.
Serve the Taco Ring with a side of shredded lettuce and a dollop of greek yogurt. I also like to add a couple slices of lime and a sprig or two of cilantro for added taste and presentation.
Five Fasting Ideas:
1. Every year, I go at least a month without spending extra money. This includes any shopping and eating out. It requires me to make what I've got work as well as meal plan so I have something delicious to eat for lunch.
2. Every few months, I love to clean out my belongings. This means that I go through everything I own and make myself let go of those things I don't need. It feels amazing to declutter and release something you had no idea was weighing you down.
3. I'm not very good at this one, but I love challenging myself to take social media breaks every now and then. Since I work in social media, I can't usually do this for very long. But it feels amazing when I do!
4. One of my favorite fasts has to be a makeup one. I have learned to embrace and even love my no-makeup appearance. So, I make sure that as often as I can, I go without makeup completely. I know my skin welcomes the break!
5. The last one a tough one, especially these days. But I love to challenge myself to no-electronics. This means no netflix, no tv, no fb scrolling, no instagram, nothing. It makes me find other, more useful, ways to to spend my time. I end up reading or going for walks and know that my brain and body are both very appreciative of that time.
I hope you found some inspiration throughout this post! Whether it's just that you want to try the recipe with LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (which I highly recommend), or that you are eager to start a fast of your own. Let me know if you try any of the ideas I have listed!
Are you practicing lent? Or do you have something you like to fast from, just because?